The Bernard Law Office real estate practice involves assisting individual and small business clients with the purchase, sale and lease of real property.
We represent buyers, sellers, and title companies in a wide array of real estate matters, ranging from traditional transactions involving the purchase and sale of land and mineral interests, to fiduciary litigation involving title insurance or taxes, to landlord/tenant disputes.Â Often, but not always, a decedentâ€™s estate is on one side of the transaction or litigation.
Typical transactions include:
- Drafting and/or negotiating Leases and Contracts of Sale
- Representing buyers and sellers at closing
- Drafting and filing deeds and assignments
- Formation and funding of real estate investment entities such as Series Limited Liability Companies, etc.
- Assisting foreign trusts and estates with the settlement or transfer of Texas real property
Typical litigation matters include:
- Disputes regarding any of the above transactions
- Disputes regarding state and local real property taxes
- Disputes regarding title to real property
- Disputes between landlords and tenants