Our real estate practice involves assisting individual and small business clients with the purchase, sale and lease of real property.
We represent buyers, sellers, and title companies in a wide array of real estate matters, ranging from traditional transactions involving the purchase and sale of land and mineral interests, to fiduciary litigation involving title insurance or taxes, to landlord/tenant disputes. Often, a decedentâ€™s estate is on one side of the transaction or litigation.
Typical transactions include:
- Drafting and/or negotiating Leases and Contracts of Sale
- Representing buyers and sellers at closing
- Drafting and filing deeds and assignments
- Formation and funding of real estate investment entities such as Series Limited Liability Companies, etc.
- Assisting foreign trusts and estates with the settlement or transfer of Texas real property
Typical litigation matters include:
- Disputes regarding any of the above transactions
- Disputes regarding state and local real property taxes
- Disputes regarding title to real property
- Disputes between landlords and tenants